Swimming Pool Approvals

All private swimming pools require a Building Permit prior to installation, including portable and above ground pools such as those purchased commercially from Clark Rubber, Bunnings and Big W.

The application for a building permit must provide details of the proposed fencing.  All pools must be properly fenced in accordance with current state legislation.  A guide to swimming pool fencing requirements is available from the Building Commission’s website at http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/rules-pools-and-spas.

Inspections of all private swimming pools are carried out at least once every four (4)years.