The Shire of Beverley regulates development in the Shire in accordance with the requirements of Town Planning Scheme No.2 and the supporting District Rural Strategy.
These documents guide the development, subdivision and use of land throughout the Shire.
Stefan de Beer is Council's Shire Planner. Stefan is available at the Shire office in Beverley on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
Stefan is keen to assist residents and prospective developers with any queries they may have in regards to any of the town planning scheme requirements or any other town planning matter.
Click on any of the following links to download fact sheets.
BUILDING in BEVERLEY
For guidelines and procedures please refer to the following information sheets:
GENERAL TOWN PLANNING INFORMATION
Click here for the current information sheets.
- Home Occupations and Cottage Industry Information
- Development on Flood Prone Land
- Zoning - Residential, Rural Residential, Farming
For further information on zoning maps and scheme text click here.
FARMING ZONE SETBACKS have been AMENDED. Contact the Shire Planner for further details
TOWN PLANNING SCHEME POLICIES
(Control certain types of development)
Below are the Town Planning Scheme policies than can be viewed in the Town Planning Policy Manual.
Click HERE to view.
- STREET TREES AND STREETSCAPES POLICY
- CAR PARKING REQUIREMENTS – POLICY NO. 3
- FARMING ZONE SUBDIVISION – POLICY NO. 4
- DEVELOPMENT OF INDUSTRIAL ZONED LAND
- BUILDING WHILE RESIDING ON A BLOCK
- OUTBUILDINGS POLICY
- TOWN PLANNING SCHEME POLICY NO. 10 RELOCATED SECOND-HAND BUILDINGS
- SHIRE OF BEVERLEY TOWN PLANNING FEES POLICY
- LOCAL PLANNING POLICY - TREE CROPS
- SIGNAGE POLICY
If you have any queries regarding any of the above items, please call Stefan de Beer - Shire Planner on 9646 1200 or email Stefan at email@example.com.